What is ETL ?
Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) is procedure to
a) Extracting data from outside sources
b) Transforming the data as ther operational requirements
c) Loading it into the end target (database or data warehouse)
1) Talend Open Studio ~ http://www.talend.com
Talend Open Studio operates as a code generator allowing data transformation scripts and underlying programs to be generated either in Perl or in Java.
Its GUI is made of a metadata repository and a graphical designer. The jobs are designed using graphical components, for transformation, connectivity or other operations. The threads created can be executed from within the studio or as standalone scripts.
2) CloverETL ~ http://www.cloveretl.com/
CloverETL is a Java-based data integration framework used to transform, cleanse, standardize and distribute data to applications, databases or warehouses. Its component-based structure allows easy customization and embeddability.
* CloverETL Designer – the graphical user interface to create and modify data transformations for CloverETL Server and Engine.
* CloverETL Engine – executes the transformations (run-time); can be embedded as a library. Available under LGPL.
* CloverETL Server – full-fledged server application with a rich WEB-based administrative interface, which leverages the existing CloverETL Engine.
3) Pentaho ~ http://www.pentaho.com/
The Pentaho BI Project is Open Source application software for enterprise reporting, analysis, dashboard, data mining, workflow and ETL capabilities for Business Intelligence (BI) needs.
4) Apatar ~ http://www.apatar.com/
Apatar is an open source ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) and mashup data integration software application. Other open source data integration projects are Clover.ETL, Pentaho Project, Talend Open Studio or Enhydra Octopus.